19 March 2007

Hubba Hubba

I didn't think I'd be this excited but I can barely contain myself. I'm only a post office visit away from picking up my new tent, ordered from the States and just arrived today. I'm never around to get to the post office during opening hours so it'll have to wait til this weekend.

The MSR Hubba Hubba (aka reh-reuowh, humma-na-humma-na, mmmmmm-MMMMMM - lol). This tent is a 2-person, 3-season job. A nice 2.1kg (including fly and footprint) it looks like something from some sort of lunar discovery mission. For me and my gear it'll be perfect and I can't wait to give it a test run.

I'm going to head down to a nearby caravan park and spend a night during an upcoming weekend, maybe even a couple of Easter! Thought it'd be best to try somewhere away from the inquisitive claws of my cat Cheyenne. Nothing like zipping yourself up into a tent on a chilly night. The smell of the tarp, the fresh air, an adventure full of possibilities. Well, perhaps not in the local caravan park. It's a start.

No comments: