Well, having a free health assessment at work the other day was something I've been meaning to do for ages. It was good to come in thinking that I really did want to change some things in my diet and exercise but didn't know where to start.
I had blood pressure, cholesterol, basic eye test, height/weight, BMI, 15 mins on an exercise bike and dietary quiz. It was really interesting, and I'd suggest to anyone that it's a good idea to have one done. It gave me a ballpark goal to aim for, to lose 5 kilos and get my cholesterol down. There were even a few ways suggested how I might achieve this. Boiled down to:
Reducing fat/oil intake
Increasing fibre intake
Reducing body fat levels
Eating fish regularly
Exercising regularly
And it was reassuring to hear that the regular walks were good overall. What is required though is to go to the next level where I get puffed out, or in the zone, for 20-30 mins while exercising. I was in the zone for 15 secs the other day when I ran for the bus and my teenie man boobs told me a story. I was also in the zone scrubbing the shower alcove for the first time in months, although these things should really be easy.
So the nightly walks might now include some regular segments of running! It's a chain effect so by lowering my cholesterol and body weight I'm also reducing the chances of getting overly stressed, which in turn helps me remain healthier. Even though I'm into walks in the rain I'll have to skip the champagne and take the health food. lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment