Scary. I've never been in a private car in Mong Kok on a Saturday night before. There were cars everywhere! People, trucks, taxis, scooters.. all doing their crazy stuff on Nathan Rd. We made it from Kowloon City to the other side of Lantau Island to Chek Lap Kok, the HK airport, unscathed. Nice work Mike, a friend of Curtis' who'd picked him up for a VIP trip. I was along for the ride, to jump out at the nearest MTR, but when the GPS started telling us conflicting information, I had to stay onboard for the adventure!We only saw 2 near misses and a pimped out van that had blown a tyre along the Lantau highway, its tiny tyres wrapped around massive rims like icing on a donut.
Yet another reason not to trust this "dark city". I'm sure one or two of those prescribed turns were ones which were barricaded by council street cones and excavation machinery...
No comments:
Post a Comment