The red slut, also known as Simon's car, is in a critical condition today as everyone wonders whether she will ride again. Limping her to the mechanic yesterday I had a few fond memories of her as I gazed upon her weather beaten dashboard, cracked and warped from sitting out in the sun.
It's probably moved about 10 different people, hauled unknown numbers of trailers (either to the dump or picking up furniture), gone off-road and only lost a tyre from it, and been in only one minor bingle where the only damage was my number-plate bending up. It's never been stolen although broken into a few times, nothing more than a mild inconvenience and a source of amusement. The upholstery is left wanting and the only self-pimped aspect of this car was the stereo I had put in, the cheapest CD player I could find, any excuse to be able to listen to Van Halen or Beck whenever I wanted.
The best bit now is having to walk 25 mins to the bus stop to and from home, plus the walk in town to work. It's a nice bit of walking each day, probably rounding off to a nice hour. I'm trying to get the heartrate up and making it worth my while.
The verdict is out on the red slut. Will she last the week? Otherwise, might have to invest in some new sneakers. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment